Estates Surveyor required for a fantastic contract based in Tower Hamlets
Estates Surveyor dealing with a predominantly retail portfolio along where other support will be required across all aspects of Estates
- To support the day-to-day management of the Council's property portfolio including shops, operational sites and land including the processing of applications for assignments, alterations, change of use, licences, easements and other related matters
- To support and contribute to the financial and operational performance as defined by the Council's Corporate Objectives and outlined in the Asset Management Plan.
- Ensure the Council's rent roll is collected in a timely manner by keeping up to date records and monitoring payments, reviewing arrears and preparing options for the Senior Estates Surveyor
- Ensure the property records are kept up to date and amended on completion of transactions
- To manage contractors in the delivery of professional services (including but limited to Asset Valuations, Rating advice and Landlord & Tenant services).
- Extensive Estate management knowledge
- Knowledge of best practice in asset and estate management in the public sector.
- An understanding of the major challenges and opportunities facing local government in relation to asset and estate management
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory framework within which local government operates with particular regard to property issues
- Must be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Experience of working in an asset management or estate management team.
- Experience of writing reports which are clear and accessible to a variety of audiences
- Experience of building and maintaining positive working relationships both within the organisation and with external bodies
- Experience of managing external providers of professional services, on a partnership basis.
- Experience of financial management, budget monitoring and control
- Must have good working knowledge of IT systems, including MS Office, MS Project and dedicated Asset Management programs.
- Based in Tower Hamlets
- £365 per day (Paid via Umbrella Company)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email