Environmental Health Officer
Akton Recruitment currently has a vacancy with the Local authority in the Wirral Area for in Environmental Health Officer working for the local Council.
JOB ROLE PURPOSE
To manage, operate and ensure continual improvement of Wirral's Environmental
Health Service, as well as the statutory Food Safety, Health and Safety and Pollution
Control Services, this also includes Pest Control, Public Convenience and the Stray
Dog Kennelling services.
Manage the service budgets to ensure that all activities are cost effective and financial
targets are met. To bring in external funding and generate income with sound business
Ensure all statutory duties are fulfilled for the full range of current and future
Environmental Health Services.
1. Responsible for the success of joint work with other services to ensure delivery of a
range of beneficial outcomes for local people.
2. Lead and manage the Environmental Health Management Team.
3. Advise the Council on matters of policy, trends and the development and
improvement of the Environmental Health services.
4. Develop and direct the budgets, revenue and capital for the services above.
5. Develop and direct the performance of the Environmental Health Services and
ensure compliance with the health and safety legislation in all related service areas.
6. As required develop and direct the planning and implementation of new
developments involving both capital, external funding and revenue monies.
7. Develop and direct the marketing and promotion of the services. Direct the
production of newsletters, web information and communication for the services.
8. Lead on the strategy to modernise the services. Develop and implement any new
policy decisions agreed by Council with regard to the service.
Page 2 of 5
9. Assess and monitor existing and new legislation, national and local government
policy/ guidance and ensure the implications of such legislation is properly
considered and taken into account.
10. Benchmark nationally to seek out best practice.
11. As appropriate gain and maintain recognised industry quality standards.
12. Where appropriate develop and direct the engagement of the public in the services
through the creation and support of Friends Groups, volunteers and the response to
local Forums, customer suggestions and complaints.
For further information please call 01772 428186