Environmental Health Practitioner required for a fantastic based in Kidderminster
Contaminated Land and Air Quality Planning consultation work
- To undertake inspections of business and domestic premises to ensure compliance with the relevant legislative requirements.
- To receive, respond to and investigate to complaints relating to industrial, commercial and domestic premises and businesses, identifying unfair trading practices and breaches of a civil or criminal nature with a view to taking remedial action.
- To carry out enforcement activities in relation to all relevant provisions of regulatory legislation.
- To provide advice and education for consumers and businesses within Worcestershire on relevant regulatory legislation and associated civil law.
- To take appropriate action in respect of non- compliance including (when authorised) the service of formal notice and any other appropriate intervention.
- Where appropriate, to facilitate the resolution of disputes between traders and consumers, giving priority to the needs of vulnerable citizens, and to take action under the Enterprise Act against rogue traders.
- To assist in implementing the services duties, responsibilities and policies relating to Environmental Health and Consumer Protection.
- An appropriate qualification related to Environmental health or consumer protection eg;
- Relevant BSc BTEC Diploma
- FCATS and at least 1 DCATS module (food or fair trading criminal)
- TSI Competency Certificate
- Further qualification or substantial experience enabling the postholder to act as a specialist in a defined area
- EHORB Registration
- Post Graduate Diploma
- Masters Degree
- Significant experience of dealing with members of the public
- Significant experience of working within a Regulatory Service
- A full, valid driving licence or the ability to travel during the course of work.
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Work on own initiative with the minimum of supervision
- Able to use appropriate equipment provided for the post
- Report writing skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good basic computer skills including a working knowledge of Word, Excel and use of the internet
- Locum Contract
- 37 Hours per week
- £30 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email