Environmental Health Practitioner required for a fantastic contract based in Hertford
- Carry out proactive and reactive activity for food hygiene, health & safety and environmental health licensing functions.
- Take action in accordance with council policies and procedures and initiate legal proceedings as necessary.
- Respond to and action requests for service in respect of all aspects of Environmental Health, within target times and in accordance with council procedures. Initiate statutory action where necessary.
- Support other officers undertaking enforcement duties.
- Carry out inspections of private sector housing and instigate any necessary action relating to HHSRS, overcrowding, multiple occupation and processing of housing grants.
- Carry out investigations and controls in relation to infectious disease and food poisoning.
- Examine planning applications, licenced premises applications and temporary event notifications and advise on their Environmental Health related implications and if appropriate, make recommendations for conditions.
- Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent and qualified as an Environmental Health Officer and registered with the Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB).
- Job Specific Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of effectively having planned, prioritised and managed own work load.
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn new packages as required.
- Competent to carry out the core functions of the Job Description.
- Evidence of practical implementation of knowledge
- 3 Months + Contract
- £19.14 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company)
- 30 Hours per week
- Based in Hertford
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email