The main duties of the post are as follows:
- To inspect premises and enforce statutory provisions, to ensure compliance with the authority’s statutory obligations, and provide guidance, information and training to businesses to aid their compliance.
- To prepare, monitor and authorise legal and other documentation, and to instigate legal proceedings to ensure compliance with the authority’s statutory obligations under guidance from a senior officer.
- To gather, analyse, co-ordinate and interpret data to support the improvement of efficiency and effectiveness to maintain public safety and support business.
- To develop, deliver and maintain effective training for internal and external customers and partners including councilors to ensure compliance with the authority’s statutory obligations.
- To keep up to date with relevant legislation, standards, guidance and other information to develop any appropriate specialist knowledge of relevant subject areas to ensure compliance with the statutory requirements.
- To attend and contribute to meetings, committees, public enquiries, tribunals and court hearings in a technical, expert, or advisory capacity.
- To make enforcement decisions that have significant social, economic and environmental implications under guidance from a senior officer.
- Experienced Environmental Health Officer or Technical Officer
- Experience of contaminated land and noise
- Locum Contract
- 3 Months + Ongoing 09:00-17:00
- Pay Rate negotiable for the right candidate