Environmental Health Officer
Akton Recruitment has a vacancy for an Environmental Health Officer in Cardiff
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The job description refers to the principal duties and responsibilities of the Post. It does not necessarily list in detail all the tasks required to carry out these duties and responsibilities.
The Shared Regulatory Service operates across the three partner Councils, Bridgend, Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan under a single management structure. The Service is primarily accountable to a Joint Committee of Elected Members, but continues to serve the Licensing and Public Protection Committees of each partner council and in some instances each cabinet on corporate matters.
* To act as an authorised officer and enforce the Acts of Parliament, Orders, Rules, regulations and Statutory Instrument made thereunder and as assigned during and outside normal working hours
* To prioritise and investigate complaints and service requests and undertake inspections concerning matters which fall within the remit of Neighbourhood Services, including the investigation of Statutory Nuisance, the regulation and improvement of standards in the private rented sector, HMO Licensing, Environmental Permitting, Caravan Site Licensing, Pest Control Enforcement and related public health complaints. To take informal/formal action to resolve as necessary.
* Undertake planned visits and inspections of premises in accordance with work programmes to ensure that legislation is enforced and to manage a programme of inspections in keeping with the needs of the service.
* To investigate complex breaches of legislation and to prepare evidence and other material for the instigation of legal proceedings, including the service of statutory notices, and to give evidence in court, public enquiries and tribunals as appropriate
* Assist in the writing of strategies, policies and reports in accordance with scheme briefs agreed with Team Manager
* To conduct surveys and inspections of residential and/or commercial premises, prepare reports and take action to remedy breaches of legislation.
* To provide specialist advice to Planning and Licensing Committees in respect of the suitability of development proposals and licensing applications as required.
* To support and develop the services involvement in new initiatives, nationally and locally, in areas of work identified by the Team Manager.
* As agreed with the Team Manager, to develop an expertise and lead role in a discrete area of activity within Neighbourhood Services and to provide advice, support and assistance to teams on a regional basis.
* To provide professional advice and assistance to the public, other departments, professions and traders.
* To participate in the Service's out of hour's response arrangements (including emergency response arrangements) as and when directed
* To report without delay any safeguarding concerns to the appropriate safeguarding officer
* To maintain records of visits and action taken, together with inputting and updating, where appropriate, computerised records and maintaining public records.
* To undertake any other relevant duties assigned to the role either through legislative requirements or as allocated by the Neighbourhood Services Operational Manager.
* To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate training activities
Up to £20.00 per hour
4 days ago
Environmental Health Officer