Environmental Health Officer
Akton Recruitment currently has a vacancy with the Local authority in the North West of London for an experienced Environmental Health Officer
- To change community and individual behaviour through communication, persuasion, advice and guidance; or enforcement.
- To achieve compliance with statutory requirements through inspection, investigation, monitoring.
- To achieve Council and service unit objectives, improve community well being and economic prosperity.
Professional advice & communications
- To support the Council's image, reputation, employee code of conduct and objectives.
- To maintain high standards of knowledge, competency and skills within your area of required expertise by participating in personal learning and development where necessary or required.
- To provide high quality, sound, timely and accurate professional advice, guidance and information about any work matter, to customers or colleagues, in a format that is understandable and appropriate.
- To scrutinise customer statutory applications, notifications, consultations, schemes, licences, registrations and make executive decisions using any powers that have been delegated to you.
- To scrutinise draft Council policies, reports, committee papers, procedures, protocols, risk assessments, service plans, action plans and proposals; and advise on their adequacy within your required field of professional expertise.
- To prepare, interpret and present literate, numerate, accurate, understandable and timely reports, documents, spread sheets, data analysis and feedback. To properly handle evidence, records and data to ensure that confidentiality, evidence integrity, data protection and freedom of information requirements are observed.