Akton Recruitment currently has a vacancy with the Local authority in the North West of England for an experienced Environmental Health Officer
We are seeking a District Environmental Health officers to start as soon as possible. The roles will be based at Wakefield One and the main duties will be within the district, visiting businesses but updating/paperwork may be completed in the office or at home. The main responsibilities include the Enforcement of Health & Safety regulations and also assisting with COVID19 response and it would be desirable for the candidate to have experience of dealing with outbreak control. Candidates will need to be able to drive, pool cars are available or use of their own vehicle with mileage being paid to candidates. They will be supplied with a laptop and access to the M3 job system and smart phone.
Key Outcomes/ Activities:
- Take responsibility for specific projects or ongoing areas of work within Environmental Health, where appropriate leading small teams.
- Participate in the development of staff within the Service, to ensure that individuals achieve their maximum potential contribution.
- Participate in the frequent review of all systems and procedures in operation.
- Recruit appropriate staff to Environmental Health in accordance with Council procedures including those relating to equal opportunities.
- Ensure that all aspects of work within the sphere of control of this post are carried out in accordance with the Council's Customer Care and Equal Opportunities policies.
- Adhere to and apply legislation, Council standing orders and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure that Health and Safety responsibilities are complied with for all employees within Environmental Health.
- Communicate fully with all staff in Environmental Health as appropriate.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good employee relations within Environmental Health.
- Liaise with representatives of other Services to ensure transfer of information is well maintained.
For more info please call 01772 428186