Overall Job Purpose:
- To oversee and supervise: Design & Manufacturing Engineers (5) leading the team in the performance of a variety of tasks that are project based from initial concepts to full production within defined deadlines and targets. Supporting internal business and external customers with the development of solutions to achieve all the above.
- Maintenance & Tool room team (4) maintaining equipment and plant to maximise production
- Managing a team with full responsibility for operational team performance, including training and development, H&S and welfare.
- Responsibility for the complete range of operational management, including financial and ER.
- Proactive support with Sales and Technical team with customer queries including site visits
- Daily support with Production colleagues.
- Shared responsibility for operational Preventative Maintenance
- Contribute to short, medium and long term business planning.
- Manage departmental health & safety issues and assist with Companies compliance
- Implement and maintain a programme of Departmental Continuous Improvement.
- Identify innovative solutions in solving problems, which require the analysis of production or management information.
- Provide project overviews to ensure that all milestones are understood and achieved
- Ensure accurate reporting of achievements / non achievements
- Degree or HND or equivalent, in a relevant qualification, preferably in manufacturing, or mechanical engineering
- Previous people management ideally gained in a manufacturing environment
- Able to work under own initiative and on occasion under pressure whilst adhering to strict deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Intermediate / advanced skill level in full Microsoft Office package.
- Be an effective change agent
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Operational Fault Finding
- Work independently and part of a team.
- Deliver results, deliver improved performance.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness
- Manage self, working/assisting colleagues obtaining their involvement and buy in
For more information please contact Tom Ellis 01612330034 or apply to the ad – Thanks