Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Enforcement Officer within the Local Authority in South London
To assist the Enforcement Team and Development Control Section and in all aspects of Development Control. To investigate breaches of planning control, deal with a range of planning applications, applications for advertisement consent and certificates of lawfulness; To act as the Council’s witness at appeals and to present cases to PAC
- To be familiar with techniques, legislation and guidance relevant to Enforcement and Development Control.
- To give informal advice as appropriate to third parties, applicants and members of the public by telephone, in writing or in person on the need for planning permission and to report Applications for Certificate of Lawfulness to the Principal Planning Officer (Development Control) for delegated decision.
- To respond in writing, over the telephone or in person to enquiries from members of the public, developers and other organisations on planning matters and to advise as appropriate.
- To help members of the public visiting the public reception area to interpret planning submissions and to participate in the duty officer system.
- To ensure that third parties are appropriately consulted during all relevant stages of the enforcement and development control process.
- To be responsible for ensuring that advertisement of planning applications, applications for conservation area consent and listed building applications (by way of site notice) is efficiently and effectively carried out, in accordance with the Town & Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Procedures Order 1995.
- To undertake site inspections (accompanied and unaccompanied) as required in relation to specific planning tasks performed.
- To be familiar with the legislative and procedural framework relating to tree works (Tree Preservation Orders and works to trees in Conservation Areas).
- To organise and prioritise work in accordance with targets contained within relevant Service Plans, Best Value Performance Plans and Individual Performance Plans.
- To carry out all the duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council's Equal Opportunities & Customer Care Practices and take a pro active role in their development and implementation.
- To ensure that Corporate and Departmental Health & Safety Policies are implemented at all times and rise any concerns regarding their operation Or any other health and safety matter with the appropriate line manager.
- To carry out any other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required by senior management.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.