Energy Services Manager
London, flexible working
Our client, a leading district energy company, are looking for an Energy Services Manager to lead their Asset Intelligence team. the team is made up of 7 direct reports including 5 Energy Analysts.
* Understanding the financial, commercial and compliance elements of the successful operation of large-scale district heating and energy
* Managing and developing an experienced team in their delivery of service excellence
* Demonstrable ability to motivate and manage a team
* Demonstrable experience in client and commercial contract management
* Excellent Financial Understanding of Budgets, Operating Costs, Gross Margins etc. with very strong Excel and IT skills
* Central in the day to day energy activities of the business supporting operations, finance, business development and engineering.
* Support the operational delivery teams in understanding the energy profitability; to validate (M&V) the impact of energy improvement measures; and to work with the operational teams and engineering teams on profit or resilience improvements.
* Be the 'go to' expert on energy sale business development opportunities and providing support for energy modelling/forecasting and legislative issues.
* Provide the governance on the integrity of assumptions for such proposals and highlight appropriate risks.
* Ensure suitable references and libraries of information and benchmarks are maintained.
* Drive innovation in our processes and actions to ensure efficient sales process
* Lead monthly financial meetings to investigate and discuss financial and operational performance against budget
* Responsible for all energy invoicing and functions of the billing team
* Be responsible for reporting on risk/opportunities related to our energy sites, in terms of market positions, utility procurement and
* Recommend appropriate risk strategies, working with procurement and other specialist advisers, and to formally agree, and then report on
the outcome of such policies.
* Ensure that all plant performance and financial contribution targets are met or exceeded
o Design and implement the key process improvement plans necessary to achieve contract and commercial goals
o Manage an energy team to deliver key objectives
o Review team monthly reporting for energy usage etc. and implement any action defined therein to ensure optimum plant operation
o Ensure ongoing feedback to teams on site and appropriate monitoring to ensure improved performance is sustained
* Produce a monthly operating, financial and resource reports
* Provide accurate and timely reports as required of the client/internal needs
* Ensure all invoicing is produced in the most efficient manner and maximise cashflow
* Build and sustain effective relationships with the wider operations and finance teams
* Provide invoicing and KPI information to support the successful management of our energy profitability
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV or call Mark Bateson on 01772 428 186
Up to £50000.00 per annum + benefits package
25 days ago
Energy Services Manager