Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Energy & Water Accounts Manager to join the team of Hackney Council.
Job Role: Energy & Water Accounts
1. As a team leader for (Energy Management Unit) you will be responsible to the successful delivery of the business objectives of your designated team that will contribute to the achievement of the Mayor's priorities, Council's corporate objectives.
2. To provide effective management that will contribute to the continuous improvement of the Council.
3. To actively contribute to Council-wide and directorate initiatives that will achieve and implement the Mayor's priorities and corporate objectives.
4. To coordinate and implement the Council's strategies and policies related to utilities. To manage and use the Council's energy systems, processes, databases, and information systems for the full and effective discharge of responsibilities of the role.
5. To assist in energy/carbon reporting across an array of statutory, mandatory, and voluntary environmental reporting requirements that fall under the energy/ carbon strategy objectives.
* To oversee the processing of invoices and journal recharges of utilities bills to all the Energy Service's clients. Providing critical analysis and amending processes where required and to act as the primary operational liaison with utility providers ensuring joined up processes (bill generation through validation and processing to payment/recharging)
* To co-ordinate and manage the resolution of client and supplier queries - both historic and new - regarding anomalies on utilities bills. And to liaise with the supplier Debt Management team(s) to ensure a seamless transition between dispute resolution and debt recovery.
* To manage the administration of utilities supplier invoices, management information and process payments in accordance with the Council's Contract Procedure Rules and financial regulations and maintain the energy management database.
* To manage the centralization of utility billing and provide technical support on invoice creation and contract delivery, with a view to improving the efficiency of bill processing, management information and reducing costs through infrastructural changes.
* 3 Month contract- possibly going on permeant
* £180 A DAY
* MON-FRI - (9:00-17:00)