Emergency Planning Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Sutton
The primary tasks and responsibilities for this position are:
- To support the Council in delivering the Civil Contingencies Act, 2004 requirements and maintaining the emergency management cycle i.e. if fire or flood will coordinate the required emergency services.
- To undertake activities and lead on work streams related to the Covid-19 response and recovery.
- To support the development of the Council's Business Continuity Management
- To lead the delivery of the Event Safety Service including scrutinising event plans and risk assessments in liaison with Safety Advisory Group (SAG) partners.
- To undertake administrative Emergency Planning duties, which includes maintaining contact and distribution lists, on-call rotas, on-call equipment bags, etc.
- To secretariat Emergency Planning meetings, including the Borough Resilience
- Forum and internal forums
- To deputise for the Emergency Planning Manager in their absence
- To respond to Emergencies during office hours and out of office hours when required.
- Previous experience working in an emergency planning coordinator or business continuity position.
- An understanding of the Civil Contingencies Act, 2004 and Emergency Planning
- Degree in Emergency Planning or a related field
- Temp Contract
- £18.22 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company - Rate uplifted to cover charges)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email