Electrical Engineer, Facilities Management, London
We are currently recruiting for our client, a leading Facilities management company who are looking for an Electrician for one of their contracts in London.
To carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building plant, equipment and systems in accordance with agreed service levels, and respond to site engineering emergencies.
Undertake electrical maintenance and repairs, including but not limited to:
- Transformer Temperatures
- Utilisation of electrical power
- Lighting Lux Levels
- RCD Testing
- Motor Testing
- Water Heaters
- Supplementary Bonding checks
- Static Discharge
- Lightning Protection
- Emergency Lighting
- Main LV Panel Inspection
- Sub Distribution and Final Circuit Testing
- Ensuring that H&S demands are observed and complied with at all times.
- Professional in their approach to dealing with issues and employees.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Respond to Building Management System alarms as required, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Assist in appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant, Inform Manager if stock running low.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of completed and signed.
- Ensure that DRA's (Dynamic Risk Assessments) are completed for all tasks carried out where no specific RA (Risk Assessment) is available to ensure safe working practices.
- Ensure that subcontractors are appropriately supervised as required, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating procedures.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and compliance with all company policies and procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Ensure that individuals professional and technical skills are maintained, through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
- Act as part of emergency response team, including on call rota.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
C&G BS7671 18th Edition
C&G Inspection and testing 2391 or equivalent
Time served + NVQ level 3
Have a solid understanding of engineering principles:
- Electrical PPM's.
- Electrical fault finding, Testing and Inspecting.
- Electrical Reactive works
- Electrical minor installation works.
- Completion of Electrical minor works test sheets
- Emergency lighting maintenance, testing and repair
- Experience fault finding in a manufacturing environment