Elmbridge Borough Council
Akton Recruitment Has an exciting opportunity for an Electoral Assistant to join the team at the Elmbridge Borough Council.
Job Role: Electoral Assistant
The main purpose of the Job
- To assist in the compilation and maintenance of an annual Register of Electors making changes under the Individual Electoral Registration.
- To assist in the preparation and delivery of fair, open and transparent elections, by-elections and referenda in accordance with statutory requirements and timetables.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in the compilation and maintenance of an annual Register of Electors through processing individual voter registration forms during the annual canvass and monthly updates, to meet statutory requirements, including scanning, data input and system checks, and effectively dealing with enquiries.
- To assist in the registration of "special category" voters e.g. absent voters, overseas voters and foreign nationals.
- To assist in the timely preparation and delivery of all types of elections, by-elections and referenda and undertake all election and count duties as required within the timetable, including the booking of polling place venues, recruiting polling station and counting staff, processing postal vote applications, and producing polling station and count stationery.
- To communicate effectively with the public, Members of the Council and officers face to face, by telephone, or e-mail demonstrating strong customer service.
- To effectively use IT packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
3 Month Contract
£15.13 Umbrella Rate
Due to the pandemic working from home is permitted, but there will be times that it will be necessary to work at the Civic Centre.