EHS Environmental Specialist
12 month contract
£25-£30 per hour
Akton are currently recruiting for an EHS Environmental Specialist to join our client in Ayrshire on a 12 month contract.
* Lead on-site an Environmental Management and Compliance Program covering PPC Permits; Risk Assessments; Training; Legislative changes and liaising with regulatory agencies
* Manage waste on-site and drive waste minimisation initiatives.
* Manage PPC Permit including submission of monitoring data and solvent usage figures, ensuring zero non-compliances.
* Responsible for on-site wastewater compliance including the overseeing of Effluent Treatment Plant operations managed by on-site contractors.
* Lead on-site chemical management program including COSHH, DSEAR, Risk Assessment, and Chemical Storage Auditing.
* Take leading role in driving energy / greenhouse gas / cost reduction initiatives.
* Assist in developing established pro-active environmental, health and safety programs for accident and injury prevention.
* Develop environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
* Assist in developing management and employee EH&S responsibilities and performance measures.
* Participate on and provide guidance to the EHS program improvement team(s).
* Conduct site inspections and assist in program evaluations.
* Evaluate new plans, processes, and equipment prior to their purchase/use at the facility - particularly from an environmental standpoint.
* Lead Environmental Capital Expenditure Projects.
* Evaluate the Environmental, H&S Framework Elements on an annual basis.
* Implement and update Powersuite Tools (digitised reporting medium)
* Lead Incident Investigations whenever required.
* Assist with the implementation and ongoing development of the Safety Risk Analysis /Industrial Health Risk Assessments
* Participate in Management meetings.
* Coordinate employee environmental health and safety training programs.
* Assist in implementing programs for the recognition, evaluation and control of physical and chemical hazards.
* REACH Site Focal point
* Degree in Environmental Management , Chemistry & Environmental Engineering, Chemical & Process Engineering or equivalent.
* Health & Safety Qualifications to NEBOSH Diploma (Parts 1 & 2) or equivalent.
Desired Characteristics are:
* Strong oral and written communication, computer and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively with regulatory personnel, research staff and all employees.
* Demonstrated ability to lead process improvements in a team environment.
* Ability to prioritise and balance multiple tasks
* Strong EHS background with Environmental bias and/or experience supervising/leading teams.
* Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.
* Wastewater Treatment Plant experience.
* Experience of IPPC.
* Chemical Process management
£25.00 - £30.00 per hour
13 days ago
EHS Environmental Specialist