Akton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for an EHC Plan Writer. This position is initially on a contract, working Mon-Fri 9:00-17:00 and currently pays £14PH.
The purpose of the job is to support the SEN Statutory Assessment Process, for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, across the 0 - 25 year old age range.
The post holder will have responsibility for writing initial Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans, working closely with the Education, Health and Care Co-ordinators.
- To interpret and summarise multi-professional assessment reports and then draft EHC Plans, and so that the plans are clear, easy to read, Jargon free and well written. Needs, objectives and provisions will be specific and clear.
- To draft EHC Plans for checking prior to issue within strict statutory timescales and to a high standard that would satisfy external scrutiny.
- To liaise with SEN advice givers regarding any gaps in the reports provided and any discrepancies in the assessment advice provided.
- In some cases, to meet with parents in order to gain a personal profile of the child concerned which will form one aspect of the EHC Plan.
- To make effective use of the SEN Database in managing the statutory assessment process for children and young people with special educational needs, ensuring that LA procedures are followed and all relevant data and information is recorded on the database. The post holder will be required to enter information onto the system to ensure that the Authority maintains an accurate record of all current cases. The information recorded will be confidential and sensitive and must not be disclosed to unauthorised persons. The database is used for casework scheduling, document storage and long term educational planning, so accurate and complete data is essential.
- Under the guidance of the EHCP Co-ordinator, to respond to parental submissions regarding proposed EHC Plans, and to make amendments where appropriate but also to ensure that any revised wording does not inappropriately restrict options for provision and school placement.
- To review Annual Reviews of EHC Plans and update and amend as required, to take account of revised professional advice, change of provision or placement.
- To work closely with EHCP Coordinators and to assist with case work when required, including the scheduling and arranging of key worker meetings with parents and professionals.