Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for an Early Years Practitioner. This is an ongoing contract working 8:30-4:30 Mon-Thur and 8:30-4:00 on a Friday.
Please note the location for this role is Bolton upon Dearne, S63 post code.
To contribute to the planning, organising and provision of appropriate play and educational activities following children's interests, promoting individualised learning opportunities and observing and assessing children regularly, adhering to all relevant policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Be responsible for the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes, providing personal care to children whilst at the same time providing opportunities for them to develop their independence.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of relevant and current curriculum frameworks.
- Take responsibility for planning, tracking and evaluating the learning and development of key children and setting individual targets.
- Contribute to creating a comfortable, safe, stimulating and nurturing environment which takes into consideration each family's ethnic and cultural background and each child's individual needs.
- Contribute to setting up and tidying up the provision before and after each session, leaving the centre clean and tidy.
- Operate an effective key person system, creating and maintaining partnerships with parents/carers and partner agencies encouraging their involvement and engagement in the centre's work.
- Provide information to customers as required, including dealing with parents and report any safeguarding incidents or concerns in line with policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records and information in relation to centre activities including each child's progress.
- Develop positive relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including managers, employees, children, parents, carers and partnership agencies to ensure delivery of effective services and maintenance of communication links.
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety, hygiene and cleanliness, adhering to all relevant policies, procedures and legislative requirements, as well as adhere to Safeguarding, equal opportunities and data protection policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post as requested by management.