Disabled Adaptation Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Bournemouth
- To ensure adaptations are delivered to a high standard in accordance with current construction legislation in accordance with current grant policy and best practice
- Provide technical advice and support to Adult and Children`s Occupation Therapist Service through a combination of site visits, reports and meetings.
- To evaluate the contractor's quotes for grant aided works, referring to Housing Surveyors for support with complex cases, ensuring value for money and compliance with legislation at all times.
- To carry out interim inspections to address any problems arising during the work that requires a decision to be made about extra costs and whether they are grant eligible.
- To carry out final inspections following completion of works or interim claims for payment by a contractor, to ensure that works are completed to a satisfactory standard and in accordance with current legislation.
- Liaison with manufacturers and suppliers on materials, disabled equipment and fittings to determine their suitability and quality for adaptations having regard to sustainability and health and safety.
- Previous experience in dealing with the delivery of Disabled Facilities Grants
- HNC or HND in Building or a minimum of 10 years working within the adaptations sector
- Comprehensive building surveying knowledge
- Knowledge of building regulations in relation to this post
- Council Based Experience would be highly beneficial
- Must be able to travel by holding a valid UK driving licence with access to own car
- 6 Month + Contract
- Based in Bournemouth
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email