Disabled Facilities Grant Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Stockton-on-Tees
- The post holder will be required to assist in the delivery of the Division's service objectives by providing a full range of the technical duties, commensurate with the grading and nature of the post, which will include:
- Investigating complaints from members of the public, interviewing the complainant and other parties as necessary, collecting information and reporting in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Advising individuals of the requirements of the relevant legislation and attempting to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- Investigating and reporting on statutory or other public health related nuisances and taking action as instructed.
- Contributing to the provision of training courses.
- Carrying out surveys of properties and taking subsequent appropriate action in connection with:
- i. Interpretation of architectural drawings and structural reports,
- ii. Assessment of conditions using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System in properties across all tenures,
- iii. The implementation of policies and procedures in relation to the provision of disabled facilities grants.
- Assisting in the assembling of information on the conditions and improvement potential of all dwellings within the Borough.
- Contributing to public participation meetings, manning of information centres etc. designed to publicise and promote aspects of the Division's work. This may involve working outside of 'normal' office hours; in addition this may involve travelling to venues outside of the Borough.
- Educated to degree level in Environmental Health, Housing or Surveying or the equivalent substantial demonstrable level of knowledge gained through directly relevant works experience.
- Experience in the inspection of premises and production of statutory notices, schedules of work, technical reports and plans.
- Sound knowledge of building construction practices and procedures
- Full driving licence
- 3 Month+ Contract
- £15.92 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company)
- Council Based Role
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email