Disabled Adaptations Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Bournemouth
- Working as part of a team of 4 Adaptations Officers carrying out the operational duties for the delivery of the Council's disabled facilities grant programme in accordance with the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 and Care Act 2014 and other relevant policy and best practice.
- To process and record all Disabled Facilities Grant applications in line with current legislation and the Council's policies and procedures.
- To carry out visits and support vulnerable clients with the application process
- To process Approvals and Payments of Disabled Facility Grants
- To carry out means tests for grant applications to establish the eligibility of applications, including accurately recording sensitive financial information from grant applicants.
- To be vigilant in the vetting of grant and loan applications with regard to fraudulent practices and to report any such cases to the Senior Adaptations Officer.
- To work in conjunction with the technical team to ensure an efficient delivery of the DFG programme from point of referral to completion of works
- To co-ordinate with Building Control and Land Charges ensuring the necessary building notices have been approved and the correct grant conditions have been logged.
- Experience of working with vulnerable customers
- Experience of working as part of a busy team
- Experience of providing administrative support services
- Experience of working with vulnerable and complex needs clients with the ability to empathise whilst maintaining strict professional boundaries.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence with access to own vehicle
- Council Based Experience would be highly beneficial
- 6 Month Contract
- Based in Bournemouth
- £12.95-13.95 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company)
If interested please call Jack 01772 428186 or email