Disability and Home Improvement Team Leader
This post is within the Disabled Facilities Grants Team and in the wider Welfare & Housing Service area.
- To be responsible for the management and development of the Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) Services which provides advice, assistance and support to disabled people and other vulnerable individuals who wish to repair, improve or adapt their homes
- To effectively manage the staff and resources in the DFG Service, ensuring it meets all performance and financial targets
- To develop the scope and services of a client-centred DFG Service in response to funding opportunities, ensuring an independent future for as many residents as possible with a focus on prevention.
- The Team Leader will also manage a Sustainable Energy Officer who provides advice and assistance on improving energy efficiency in homes and facilitating Home Improvement Loans. The post holder will work closely with the Adults Community Service Manager in matrix managing our Housing Occupational Therapist who supports the work of the DFG team and works across the Housing Service more widely.
- We are looking for an energetic, motivated self-starter who will ensure the effective delivery of home adaptations (funded through Disabled Facilities Grants and Home Improvement Loans) to customers in their homes.
- Relevant professional qualification and extensive experience of providing a management role within an adaptations service delivering grants programmes and Disabled Facilities Grants in particular.
- Awareness and demonstration of appropriate application of Construction and Design Management Regulations and other Health and Safety requirements in the context of adaptation works in residential settings
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- 3 Months + Ongoing
- 40 per hour (Umbrella)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email