Akton Recruitment are on the lookout for a Director of Digitalization Project and Engineering in the Edinburgh area. The company is a world leader in subsea wireless automation.
This role manages client Digitalization and Engineering projects. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project. Engineering management responsibilities include recruiting, developing and leading various engineering disciplines and software application engineers to resource the technical requirements of a digitalization project.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients and their internal project function or selected EPC’s to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments and partners to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will hire new administrative and engineering talent as needed to fulfill client needs.
Require a bachelor's engineering degree and 5-10 years of experience in the Energy and /or Ocean industries or in IT, OT and ET. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on new technologies, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Enhance projects and engineering department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist in the business development/Sales function definition of project, objectives and system architecture, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility- from small engineered to order projects to £multi-million.
- Oversee and support all engineering and project management estimates, response to project
RFP’s and bid proposals
- Coordinate internal resources (local and HQ) and third parties/vendors & subcontractors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation- recruit full time and/or subcontract
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Direct Technical reports: Project engineers, I,E&C Engineers, Process, Mechanical& Civil Engineers, Application software engineers, System Architects,
- Mange project and engineering resource utilization to a target of 85%
- Manage changes to the project lifecycle scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors/subcontractors
- Create and maintain comprehensive MIC project procedures, methodologies and documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans and schedules to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop a Project Management Framework: spreadsheets, diagrams, work flows, IT tools and process maps to document needs
- Proven working experience in project management with both hardware and software integration requirements.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification or UK APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification (IPMA Level D, SCQF Level 7)
- Bachelor’s Engineering Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
Project Manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Planning and scheduling -Primavera
- Performance Management
- Verbal Communication
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Share Options Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)