Digital Business Analyst- Havering
As Business Analyst in the Digital Portfolio team, you will be responsible for managing and delivering innovative solutions for Havering Residents and Businesses. Therefore, you must be flexible, adaptable and passionate about innovation. You will be responsible for liaising and managing key stakeholders and technical teams to ensure that the solutions are delivered successfully.
The Technical Business Analyst role is specifically placed to build close relationships with the business to identify options for improving processes and the use of business systems. The role is to help identify the needs of the residents, colleague and work with stakeholders to address them, primarily (but not always) through process re-engineering or the better use of IT systems.
Requiring a wide range of skills, such as business analysis techniques and project management tasks (including the creation of project documentation and delivery of smaller pieces of project work), the role acts as the bridge between the business community and the ICT teams. This role also assists in Integration and Acceptance Testing, supports the development of training materials and guidance documentation.
Specific Accountabilities of the Role
? Maintain an awareness of emerging technologies and best practice within the Digital industry to provide professional information, guidance and advice to Council managers and Councillors
? Awareness of best in class, open source and emerging systems and technologies suited to delivering future council services
? Acute awareness of GDS standards, agile project management/delivery methodologies, technical solutioning and appreciation for code and development
? Contribute to the delivery of programmes of work and the provision of a high quality Digital Portfolio to ensure the achievement of departmental and service and key performance indicators.
? To undertake business analytical assignments and understand business issues, and data challenges, within the scope of any assignment.
? Liaise proactively with residents, stakeholders and colleagues and participate in the development of effective working relationships.
? To be innovative in identifying, analysing and proposing solutions for digital transformation of service delivery, including through best practice in other organisations.
? Assist with the commissioning of external agencies and contractors
? Assist with mentoring, coaching and training colleagues in order to support learning and development objectives for programmes within the Digital Portfolio.
? To support the Digital Portfolio Director in the development of business cases by identifying and validating business benefits, cost and risk.
? To identify and ensure that the needs of stakeholders are understood and that they are kept informed and involved.
General requirements and Responsibilities
* To customise and configure IT systems to produce proof of concepts to support identified digital requirements.
* To undertake assigned projects, ensuring that agreed outcomes are delivered on time, within budget and to the expected standard.
* To communicate clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
* To ensure that staff assigned (directly and indirectly), understand the digital portfolio business case priorities and central government Digital Service Standards.
* Provide services that are fair and accessible to all, challenging existing practices that support the traditional culture and promote the Customer First proposition across the Council.
* Ensure compliance with appropriate legislation, Council Policies, the Council Constitution, Financial Rules, Employees Code of Conduct and other requirements of the Council.
* Promote the development of a high quality individual need led service, to comply always with the Council's policies and procedures, particularly those regarding Data Protection, Equalities and Diversity and Health and Safety.
* Ensure compliance with and actively promote the Council's Equalities and Diversity policies and strategies.
* Ensure compliance with and actively promote Health and Safety at work legislation, Council and Service H&S policies and procedures.
* Comply with the competencies and standard requisites agreed by the Council as relevant to your post.
* Comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Government Data Protection Regulations from May 2018 (all employees of the Council will not disclose or make use of, for their private advantage, any information held on manual or computer records, which are not available to the public, however acquired).
* Take responsibility for continuing self-development and participate in training and development activities.
Up to £450 per day
about 1 month ago
Digital Business Analyst- Havering