Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
The company has a wealth of experience working on sensitive, live assets in highly regulated environments, we deliver exceptional peace of mind for our customers, creating and maintaining assets across a growing range of high-quality public and private sectors. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, flood defense, and waterways. Having secured a number of long-term Frameworks with their key Clients, they are further expanding their in-house Civil & Structural Design team. We have a number of positions available at various levels for engineers who are committed to delivering the optimum design solution, building on their experience, and furthering their professional development.
This is an integral role within the In-house Design Team, with responsibility for the development of technical solutions with the team’s budgetary, program and quality requirements. We offer a competitive package, a professional environment, along with dedicated support to assist aspiring engineers in achieving their goals. You must be able to display initiative and confidence to put forward solutions based on sound engineering principles. You should be able to challenge the brief, enabling the innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design. The ideal person will be able to produce clear, consistent, referenced calculations, reports and sketches to current CoP and Standards, show clear communication of design philosophy and requirements with other team members. You will be required to be a design representative at meetings with the project team and/or external Clients and Stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design of Civil Engineering structures
- Knowledge and understanding of the design process, and engineering drawing practices
- Awareness of ISO 9001 / 14001 / 44001, PAS 1192 and OHSAS 18001 Standards
- Understands the importance of achieving customer satisfaction by driving and maintaining the highest level of standards and working collaboratively
- Knowledge of relevant British Standards, Eurocodes, and Regulatory Body Standards.
- Familiarity with structural design/assessment packages.
- Confident at designing in steel, concrete, composites, masonry, and timber to current CoP and standards.
- Pride and enthusiasm for work, and the ability to promote good practice
- Minimum 25 days annual leave + Public holidays
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme