This is a unique opportunity for a talented, ambitious individual to join a leading company within the recreational boating industry. They are seeking someone with a proven ability to turn ideas into commercially viable products. This role has career advancement potential and the opportunity to work on products across thier product portfolio.
As a Design Engineer, you will drive projects across a broad range of product divisions. You will be expected to contribute to all phases of the product development process, applying your knowledge to engineer product solutions to a high level of design excellence and innovation.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years commercial design engineering experience
- Proven ability to execute and deliver projects within budget and on time
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering principles, proficient in solving problems and detailing mechanisms and assemblies
- A strong understanding of manufacturing processes, including casting, forging, extrusions, machining, injection moulding and metal fabrication
- Have a working knowledge for specifying correct use of gears and bearings
- An appreciation of drive systems incorporating AC/DC motors and hydraulic systems
- Strong 3D CAD skills, preferably Creo or Solidworks
- Good materials knowledge
- Experienced in prototyping and testing
- Ability to think conceptually and communicate ideas clearly
- Ambition and drive to take charge and manage projects
- A team player, ready to support the demands of engineering projects
- The position will be based at thier headquarters in Portsmouth, so must be a UK resident or possess an EU working visa
- Valid passport as some travel overseas may be necessary as and when a project requires.
- Clean driving license
- Ideally a degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline (e.g. Product Design with a focus on engineering)