Akton Recruitment are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Support Worker, working closely with young people with hearing impairments. This position is initially on a contract and is paying £11 per hour. The working hours are 8:10-15:00 Mon-Fri. Term time only.
- To undertake and implement work/care/support programmes with individuals / groups to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
- To facilitate access to the curriculum and whole school environment for Deaf and Hearing Impaired children / young people.
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils' achievement, progress and problems.
SUPPORT FOR PUPILS
Supervise and provide particular support for deaf and hearing impaired pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes.
SUPPORT FOR THE TEACHER
Accurately record and provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils achievement, progress, problems and other relevant issues.
Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
Provide clerical and admin support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, other relevant tasks.
- Assist with the planning of learning activities.
- Enhanced DBS
- Available Immediately
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of British Sign Language to a minimum level 2
Please note, there is no flexibility in the requirements, please do not apply if you do not meet the basic requirements for the role.