Swale and Maidstone Borough Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst to join the council at Maidstone Borough.
Job Role: Data Analyst
PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide project support to identify and transform data into high quality useful information that can be used to support performance management, decision-making and to ensure the transparency of the organisation. To ensure this information is presented in an intelligent way so that it is engaging and can be easily interpreted by its audience.
- Work with officers and managers to understand problems that data and data analysis could solve.
- To develop relationships with partners to understand shared information and data challenges.
- Collate information from a variety of sources including publications, reports, internal data and the internet for specific purposes.
- Ensure excellent data quality via checking and data cleansing/matching.
- Analyse and interpret complex statistical information scrutinising results, drawing comparisons, and identifying trends.
- Decide on the best means of delivering information, presenting complex analyses clearly and coherently to users of information who are often from non-statistical backgrounds.
- To support the development of a culture of transparency across the Council.
- Delivery to deadlines of projects, working in a flexible way often on more than one project.
- Commitment to the Council's Strategic Plan
- To undertake any training and development as required
- To comply fully with the Council's Equal Opportunity Policy
- To comply fully with the Council's Health and Safety at Work Policy
- To assist as required in the Council's Emergency Plan
- To comply fully with the Council's IT Security Policy
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the grade of the post
7 Month Contract
£13.72 Umbrella Rate