£25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits
0161 233 0034
6 months ago
The Data Analyst will work with all the existing data within the business, in its various disjointed forms, to rationalise and link – designing and documenting tables, capture forms, document dashboards, alerts and reports.
They will be familiar with MySQL / designing Data Warehouses based in cloud technology. They will also be able to research and understand the existing resources of the group, along with any Open Source alternatives, plus work alongside Group IT Services to recommend any future Investment in new technology.
The Data Analyst will be eager to learn, and able to showcase their work at every level of the business.
– Identifying, collecting and migrating data to/from a range of internal and external systems
– Manipulating and linking different data sets as required
– Performing routine statistical analyses and ad-hoc queries
– Assisting in the production of performance dashboards and reports
– Assisting with data quality checking and cleansing
– Build repeatable reporting models
– Point of contact with Group IT services to coordinate technological matters
– Problem solving, to find solutions to problems faced by the Estimating Department
– Build and maintain database (MySQL?)
– Build and maintain data capture forms
– Build and maintain repeatable reporting models
– Measure and report on Estimating Department data requirements and the data life cycle
– Understanding of data profiling
– Internet research into maximising gains from existing and new software packages to the Group
– Understand how data is turned into information and knowledge, and how that knowledge can support and enable the Sales & Estimating Departments to increase their performance
– Plan and execute user acceptance testing
– Create specifications for systems to meet business requirements
– A minimum of 3 years in a similar position
– Ability to work amongst a multi-disciplinary team, as a sole specialist in this field.
– Use of cloud technologies including SharePoint and Office 365
– Highly numerate and analytical
– Data management
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Effective communication at various levels within the Group Organisation
– Problem solving
– A high level of general IT skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)