Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Services Officer to join the team within a large company in South London.
This is an out of hours role. Working a shift pattern between 5pm and 9am Monday to Friday all weekends and bank holidays
Customer Services Officer (Out of Hours)
8pm – 8am Monday – Friday and weekend shifts
Job Summary `
Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to enquiries, concerns or requests for Council services, in a manner sensitive to the particular needs of a diverse community. Deliver Customer Service excellence by providing advice and guidance by telephone, face to face, email, letters or text across a range of Council services ensuring swift resolution for customers. Exercise a high level of independent responsibility, may be required to work in remote locations in hubs and mobile offices.
Allocated duties may include:
- Resolve customer enquiries from end to end, only referring on as a last resort
- Provide a front line customer service function demonstrating empathy and professionalism in an environment that may be demanding and stressful.
- Provide a comprehensive administrative service
- Interrogate the Council’s systems to provide information and resolution to customer enquiries in an accurate, professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Administer the Council’s customer relationship management system including checking, distributing works and closing tickets.
- Use windows based computerised systems to records information, draft letters and reports as required
- Encourage and assist customers to access Council services, forms and information via the Councils website.
- Record and maintain customer records, comply with Council policies and procedures and ensure confidentiality of customer information at all times.
- Ensure duties are undertaken in line with the Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation.
- Contribute towards the achievement of targets through achievement of services standards and customer service targets.
- Ability to work any shift between 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and Weekends
- Customer Service Skills are a necessity, gained from any Customer Service background
- Good Communication skills, both inter team and external and people skills
- Professional work attitude, time keeping and team work
- Understanding of issues relating to equal opportunities
- Working knowledge of customer care and customer standards gained in either a public sector or commercial environment preferred.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role, dealing directly with and advising customers
- Ability to work effectively with challenging priorities, workloads and deadlines
- Able to understand and effectively use legal processes
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to draft correspondence, information and reports to a high standard using appropriate technology
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.