Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced customer service assistant to join the Rotherham Council.
Job Role: Customer Service Assistant:
The post holder will work within the corporate Customer Service Team within Finance and Customer Services delivering an efficient and effective customer service whilst maintaining high standards of customer care.
1. Deal with a range of customer enquiries across all access channels including face to face, telephone, email, text and other digital platforms
2. Provide customers with accurate, clear, relevant and high quality advice and information
3. Present a positive and professional image of the Council, greeting customers appropriately and ensuring public and working areas are kept tidy, presentable and safe in accordance with service standards
4. Handle service requests and complaints in accordance with agreed procedures
5. Promote a digital first approach, encouraging and supporting customers to self-serve by helping them access information and services online or through other automated channels
6. As required, work with internal and external stakeholders and participate in meetings; contributing ideas, suggestions and feedback to help drive continuous improvement
7. Actively participate in customer focused promotional and development activities and promote the Council by informing customers of other services that may be relevant to them
8. Work flexibly across the different functions within the corporate customer services team, and be willing to learn new systems and deliver new services as required.
9. Use appropriate IT systems to support and broaden the scope of information provided by the Council
10. Carry out general administrative duties including the handling and reconciliation of cash, and procurement of goods and services as required, in line with agreed procedures
11. Coach and mentor volunteers, interns, apprentices, and placements