Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Advisor with COUNCIL TAX KNOWLEDGE to join the team with the local authority in London.
Council Tax Knowledge and Knowledge of MITEL would be a major advantage in this role
- This role delivers a high-quality frontline service offer and champion the customer to drive a customer centric culture that puts customers at the heart of everything the Council does. Working in a multi-skilled and multi-disciplined team the main areas of responsibility include
- To be a point of contact for members of the public and deliver a high-quality customer advisory service to both internal and external customers, ensuring the customer experience is a positive one
- To be familiar with the Council’s services, to respond to enquiries relating to numerous services and work with them to highlight and deliver improvements in customer journeys and experience
- To have the ability to work across a range of customer service channels; including face to face, telephone, email, online, social media, webchat and letter.
- Have the ability to stay calm under pressure and deal with conflicting demands in sometimes stressful situations
- To have an understanding of Council Tax processes to be able to deal with common enquiries
- Detailed working knowledge of IT systems required to deliver services
- To be accurate and have attention to detail to process payments for the Council and set up payment plans
- To be the ‘Voice of the Customer’, set exemplary standards and work with services to improve standards and reduce unnecessary demand
- To receive and check official documentation
- To understand the needs of customers and have the ability to identify services customers may be interested in to upsell commercial arms of the business and encourage participation in consultations
- Deal tactfully with complaints and work with colleagues to resolve and respond appropriately
- To be proactive and keen to develop customer service skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.