Job Role: Customer Service
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a customer service advisor for the Barnsley Council.
Job Role purpose:
To deliver a high quality, efficient and effective customer focused service, whilst adopting a digital first approach.
- Respond to customer enquiries (some of which may be upsetting) received through multiple access channels including, telephony, face to face, e-mail, web chat and social media, in accordance with the Council's Digital First principles, standards of professional conduct and taking into account any safeguarding issues.
- To analyze and interpret information given by the customer accurately and make appropriate decisions from a range of options.
- To be aware of and abide by key areas of legislation and maintain awareness of policies and procedures which impact on how the service is delivered.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including managers, employees, Elected Members, and members of the public, ensuring information and communication links are maintained.
- To take a one Council approach, listening carefully, speaking positively, and ensuring the customer receives an efficient, friendly, courteous, and helpful experience.
- To handle complaints and difficult or aggressive customers in a calm and professional manner, ensuring a customer focused service, demonstrating initiative, diplomacy, and resilience in a demanding environment.
37.00 hours a week
£10.90 per hr
3 month contract