Royal Borough of Greenwich Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Employment support officer to join the team at the Greenwich Council.
Job Role: Customer Employment support officer
To deliver GLLaB frontline advice and guidance service to workless residents and other job seekers. To carry out individual one to one diagnostic interviews, action planning and tracking and recording all outcomes along the customer journey to sustainable employment.
- Responsible for providing a frontline advice and guidance service to workless residents and other job seekers who are eligible to access GLLaB services.
- Responsible for carrying out individual one to one diagnostic interviews and delivering information advice and guidance (IAG) in order to identify barriers to employment and employment & skill gaps and to develop individual personal development and employment and skills action plans.
- Responsible for delivering a high quality service in line with external funding or Prime Contractor requirements.
- Ensuring that all GLLaB and/or other corporate employment projects programmes are delivered in line with agreed profile outputs and outcomes and ensuring effective contribution to individual and team targets.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining referral networks and obtaining up-to-date information on a wide range of services offered by complementary specialist partnership organisations to support the removal of barriers to employment.
- Responsible for providing one to one and group employability sessions and jobsearch support in-house and from remote locations including support with updating CVs, completing applications forms and interview techniques.
- Required to deliver job preparation and employment support; assisting the employer development and brokerage team in matching local residents to appropriate vacancies notified.
- Responsible for the active caseload management of customers, providing regular and documented follow-up and support to move customers into sustained employment.
- Responsible for providing ongoing and in-work support for customers employed in temporary and short-term jobs to facilitate their progression into alternative sustained employment.
- Responsible for reviewing customer progress against agreed action plans and ensuring manual and computerised records are maintained in line with programme and audit requirements.
£18.49 per hour (Umbrella Rate)
3 Month Contract