Akton Recruitment has an opening for a Covid Marshall in Redcar
The postholder will play an integral role in the delivery of the Council's COVID19 Local Outbreak Control Plan, working alongside other local authority teams and other key partner organisations to prevent and contain COVID19, which threatens the health of the general population.
This will include telephone interviews with individuals who have received a positive COVID19 test result, and their close contacts. As well as the delivery of effective proactive and reactive surveillance, monitoring and support visits and patrols relating to COVID19 compliance and offences within the legislative framework, using the full range of enforcement powers in a proportionate manner.
The officer will work flexibly in the delivery of this role, responding to the changing demands placed on the local authority in the delivery of its Plan.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Form part of the team of Contact Officers who provide the first point of contact to cases of COVID19. Undertake case interviews using prescribed case questionnaires.
2. Ensure the timely and accurate recording of information from case interviews using systems provided.
3. Escalate and refer challenging or complex cases or incidents and outbreaks of COVID19 to PHE (HPT) etc as per local/regional/national procedures.
4. The post holder will be required to work on an alternating rolling shift pattern providing cover between the hours 8.00 am to 8 pm, including weekends.
5. As an authorised officer the postholder will investigate complaints regarding poor COVID19 control practices, taking appropriate, proportionate enforcement action where necessary.
6. To issue fixed penalty notices, undertake assessments and make recommendations for formal action where appropriate.
7. To provide advice and support to businesses on how to operate in a COVID secure way in accordance with Government and sector guidance, including the delivery of initiatives aimed to support and promote good practice and regulatory compliance.
8. To work with COVID19 Ambassadors across the borough in support of a cohesive approach to raising education and awareness in communities, based on an intelligence led approach to targeted delivery.
Up to £11.50 per hour
27 days ago