North Yorkshire County Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Copywriter to join the North Yorkshire Council.
Job Role: Copywriter
Ryedale District Council (RDC) is in the process of refreshing its main website to make it accessible, user-friendly and modern.
The Council serves an area of 575 square miles between the city of York and the Heritage Coastline, and provides services to a population of nearly 55,000 people.
The Council recognises the importance of providing the citizens it serves with accurate and timely information about the Council's purpose, activities and services, and sees its website as playing a critical role in the accessibility of information for the public.
The organisation also aims to be an efficient, modern Council and to make its services accessible to citizens via their channel of choice.
The purpose of this project is to rewrite approximately 400 pages of website copy to make each page up-to-date, accurate and user-friendly in time for the refresh which will go live in April 2021.
- Copywriting of approximately 400 web pages (made up of introductory paragraphs, short and long pages) to bring them up-to-date and present them in a user-friendly tone.
- The majority of the pages already have key information on them and are published on the current website. These pages are written in an informal style, with the focus on the service. They need to be rewritten in style, tone and language so that residents of Ryedale can easily access the information they need.
- Other pages and introductory paragraphs will need to be written from scratch. The Communications Managers will pull together the information needed for these and you will write the copy.
- A website sitemap has been developed, along with a content migration plan. You will write the full pages, half pages and small paragraphs of copy needed, as set out in the sitemap.
- Each page also needs the SEO description, meta-tag information and key words written in the template. You will also be responsible for writing this information.
1 Month Contract
£14.02 Umbrella Rate