£40,000-£60,000 Depending on Experience
Our client are a nationwide main building contractor and undertake turnkey projects for major blue-chip clients, including ground/civil engineering works, steel frames and access metalwork, cladding, masonry, joinery, full fit out and finishing trades both on new build and refurbishment projects. They regularly undertake structural and architectural design as part of our service. We pride ourselves on repeat business from many of our longstanding clients and continued close working relationships with our supply chain.
Key focus of the role
To ensure projects are delivered to the highest levels of safety, to programme and challenge timescales, to work within budgets and to the required, environmental, and quality standards. You will meet clients on a regular basis and build relationships to secure repeat business through customer satisfaction, as well as strong links with subcontractors. You will also support a team of of 5 Site Managers at sites across the county and so some travel will be a requirement of the position.
Previous experience in Site Management is essential with Contracts Management skills preferable. The ability to work closely to control, monitor and produce programmes, coordinating and liaising with the team. Ensuring RAMS produced and adhered too and take full responsibility for the site team and their operations. Experienced in design and build, and MS project, CSCS card and SMSTS are essential, as well as the ability to maintain excellent levels of Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
* Management of Health and Safety across production activities (with support from an external Consultant), including monitoring and overseeing all site quality, health and safety and environmental activities.
* Develop monitor and maintain all risk assessments and method statements
* Supervision and Management of all site personnel, co-ordinating all site labour with Site Managers.
* Accountability for controlling and reporting programmes, and the issuing of appropriate site returns and paperwork.
* Meet clients and attend site meetings to review and discuss work carried out
* Ensuring the Site Managers organise and co-ordinate site materials and plant as required
* Maintain and develop working relationships with the Supply Chain ensuring all contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and company site personnel are familiar with, and adhere to the requirements of the company Quality and Environmental Management Plans, and Health and Safety Policy
* Review of contractors, subcontractors and supplier's environmental management systems and performance and advising the Company Management on their status and suitability
* Liaise and coordinate with Commercial department to ensure cost effective, timely, and efficient procurement
* Coordinate drawing approval, revisions, issue, and records where applicable
* Develop and implement a site-specific Project Environmental Plan when the company is operating as a Main Contractor
* Provide all necessary documentation and information to ensure that the Construction Site Managers can carry out their duties in a safe, expedient, and efficient manner
* Contribute and promote the on-going improvement to company systems and procedures as we maintain ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 accreditations
* Sound knowledge of programming and procurement of construction projects
£40000 - £60000 per annum
11 days ago