Summary of Role
Contracts Manager for fencing Projects generally ranging in value from £5k - £1m.
As a Contracts manager you will plan, manage and control multiple projects simultaneously, supervising Site Management teams ensuring completion of work within time and budget and in accordance to all company procedures and policies
- Programme planning Plan projects and ensure they are programmed to a level of detail necessary for the site team to deliver the scheme without delays.
- Ensure procurement and reconciliation of materials is carried out in accordance with Company procedures to best value and to prevent delays
- Ensure site team compliance with Company commercial policies and procedures
- Attend tender handover meetings and deliver pre-start meetings to the site team
- Ensure a commercial plan and end of life forecast is in place and monitored monthly for the successful commercial delivery of the project
- Produce and analyse progress reports, updated costs and forecasts
- Ensure correct commercial engagement of subcontractors Implement the risk management process, review risk register and check risk controls
- Review the Cost Value Reports monthly with the project teams, implementing necessary actions Complete and distribute the Contract Initiation/Completion form for each project
- Ensure weekly review of progress, budget resources and forward planning are carried out, and lookahead programmes are in place Chair and attend internal and external meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions
- Ensure timely management of both temporary and permanent design to meet the requirements of each project
- Health, safety and environmental by example, set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations
- Allocate HS&E responsibilities and duties for site personnel, check understanding and provide training as necessary
- Maintain and manage construction sites and subcontractors, ensuring all subcontractors follow companies procedures and processes
- Oversee and ensure that HSE-related documents are kept up to date and undertake senior manager site inspections, ensuring that audits and reports are produced, liaising with the necessary parties
- Ensure that Inspection and Test Plans are produced
- Ensure that the QA File is produced and maintained
- Establish and promote best practice
Experience/ Key Skills
- Previous experience as Contracts Manager, managing multiple projects.
- Commercially aware.
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation.
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Team commitment.
- Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Professional attitude and approach to work.
- Current and Valid UK driving licence.
- Trades background preferred
- Up to date SMSTS Training and CSCS Card
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
£30,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
Permanent - Full Time
contract management: 3 years (preferred)