£35,000 + Car + Phone
Job Type: Permanent
I am currently working with one of the leading specialist contractors in the construction industry, providing complete roofing solutions across the UK. They have over 20 years of experience in the roofing and cladding sector.
We are looking for an experienced Contracts Supervisor / Site Manager to join the team. You will be managing a number of up and coming flat roofing projects. The majority of the projects are based on large construction sites so experience of this is required. You will be responsible for managing works on site from start to handover ensuring that high standards of health and safety and client satisfaction is achieved. Additionally, pre-contract involvement will occasionally be required including estimating and attending client meetings. The right candidate will be dynamic and self-motivated with a desire to succeed and further their abilities with the growth of the Company.
The role involves working both in an office environment and numerous of construction sites on a visiting basis. The role is full-time with typical working hours of 8am to 5pm, however, these hours may vary to accommodate project needs.
- Accurately ordering Materials and plant
- Programming/ sequencing on site activity - Supervising labour resource- ensuring efficiency - Attending progress meetings
- Addressing client queries - Ensuring projects are handed over on time, as specification and on budget
- Liaising with other trades on site - Preparing risk and method statements and ensuring that health and safety standards are maintained to the highest standards
- Experience of Construction sites
- Experience and knowledge of on-site installations of flat roofs
- Ability to command respect and manage on site employees, previous experience of supervising others essential - Management experience required ideally, however, applicants that can demonstrate an ability to manage and meet targets will be considered
- Well organised
- Calm and professional whilst interacting with clients
- Computer literate- experience of excel spreadsheets
- Well organised and able to work independently and on own initiative
- Accurate and attention to detail - Good written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Numeracy and mathematical skills