Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Contract and Quality Officer. This role is until at least November 2021 and is full time, working 37 hours per week.
To effectively establish and manage adult and community services contracts to ensure value for money and strategic relevance and to work with providers to develop the market using creative thinking and problem solving techniques including conflict resolution within the scope of guidance / requirements from central government, the Council and the regulatory framework of the Care Quality Commission.
To develop and implement quality assurance systems, monitoring and review processes for all commissioned and contracted services, working to best value principles to ensure that service standards are met and required outcomes are delivered and to gather, analyse and present clear, accurate evidence to guide contracting, commissioning and investment decisions. This will include performance, finance, quality and customer feedback information.
To play a role in procurement activity in relation to Adult and Community Services and to contract manage both Adult and Community Service provision but also carry out the function on behalf of the NHS Bradford & Airedale for all service users whose care is partially or totally funded by the Health Authority.To ensure that services meet future service user needs in relation to personalisation working in collaboration with Commissioners to inform commissioning decisions in order to meet the overall objectives of the Department.
- To develop and maintain contracting procedures that are transparently fair and meet the requirements of the commissioning body and the Council's regulations and standing orders.
- To manage contracts so they underpin high standards of service delivery within a cash - limited budget and to ensure contract compliance and full value for money.
- To develop and maintain good knowledge of all aspects of the commissioned and contracted services, including assessing new guidance or requirements and briefing team members / providers as required.
- To lead on contracting, contract compliance, quality assurance, service review and performance management functions in a fair, consistent, objective, transparent, professional manner and in accordance with government and Council guidelines, particularly for a specific portfolio of providers.
- To develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the current supply of contracts and providers and general knowledge of potential and future providers in commissioned / contracted services.
- To be a point of contact for the portfolio of providers, and acting as a source of support, information and guidance for those providers.
- With the support of the Commissioning Team and other Council staff to analyse complex financial information, undertake benchmarking comparisons and set / review contract prices.
- To work closely with the Commissioning Team and other Council staff regarding contract monitoring / contract compliance / service review issues with financial / budgetary consequences.
- To assess budget reports and to follow up any financial issues with an impact on contracts.
2 years experience of inter-agency working including experience of social care provison, consultation processes with other organisations and/or service users, and experience of project monitoring & evaluation.