This post is a key part of the Property and Asset Management team (PAM), and is responsible for the project management of tender stage development of 4-10 year framework and term construction contracts relating to capital maintenance works on Hackney’s 30,000+ housing stock. This includes developing the procurement strategy, developing and coordinating contract documents, and organising leaseholder and resident consultation. You will work with managers in PAM, Housing and procurement to ensure that the contract documentation fulfills the ambitions of the council’s Asset Management Strategy, Sustainable Procurement Strategy and Inclusive Economy Strategy.
- To lead on the the development of technical and design standards, and identification of products, in the procurement of new contracts, and ensuring that they are updated as required.
- To liaise with Council Procurement Lawyers, the Council’s operational managers and external and internal providers to draw up agreements for services using appropriate standard forms of contract where appropriate adapted to meet the specific requirements of each service.
- To oversee and coordinate the timely production all documents necessary for the tender process, including the terms and conditions of contract, service specifications and performance standards, pricing documents and KPIs, and to liaise with members of the Project Team to ensure that service requirements promote Best Value.
- To lead on the development of project plan for each contract, having regard to the needs of the service (and in particular expiry dates of existing contracts and critical start dates for new contracts), the requirements of the procurement process with regard to Standing Orders and Public Procurement Legislation, section 20 consultation requirements and workload.
- To ensure that each project plan is adhered to or adjusted to reflect changed priorities or new developments, making sure that all relevant parties are informed of necessary changes.
- Ability to prepare technical housing maintenance client brief requirements and specifications.
- Knowledge of housing sustainability requirements
- Knowledge of relevant building regulations applicable to all types of domestic dwellings, including high rise developments.
- Proven experience of working in Housing related environment at a senior level
- Strong experience of leading on major works procurement projects relating to the repairs and maintenance of Housing stocks Demonstrable experience of achieving cost savings through procurement activities and the delivery of sustainable benefits
- Experience of planning, managing and monitoring programmes of work.
- Experience of establishing complex contracts and service agreements, ideally within a local authority or Housing Association context. Experience of making presentations to management meetings, boards and committees.
- Experience of collaborative working with the Council, working collaboratively with other agencies and of negotiating.
- Experience of using IT based systems to support decision-making
- Locum Contract
- 3 Months + Ongoing
- £280 per day Umbrella Inside IR35