Akton Recruitment has a role for a Compliance Officer
Purpose of the Post:
To support businesses through education and proportionate regulation to ensure compliance with
relevant Covid-19 legislation and guidance.
To undertake proactive and reactive visits and patrols relating to Covid-19 compliance and
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To visit and report on all relevant business premises within the Borough with regard to Covid19 related compliance, including the investigation of complaints regarding poor Covid-19
control practices, taking appropriate enforcement action where necessary.
2. To provide advice and support to businesses on how to operate in a Covid secure way in
accordance with Government and sector guidance, including the delivery of initiatives aimed
to support and promote good practice.
3. To follow relevant procedures and gather, store and prepare all appropriate legal evidence
(including statements, fixed penalty notices, photographs and records of interviews) with
sufficient details to ensure appropriate enforcement action can be taken and to appear in
court if required and present appropriate evidence to attempt to gain a conviction.
4. To observe and record examples of poor public/community Covid-19 compliance -
gatherings, social distancing, queuing etc. - and to work with partner agencies and the
community accordingly to support compliance.
5. To work within, and meet the stringent performance criteria of, a performance management
framework which specifies for example number of visits undertaken, number of complaints
responded to and number of enforcement actions taken. (This list is not definitive).
6. To organise and participate in events and the distribution of educational materials, aimed at
promoting awareness of Covid-19 and to promote good public health controls.
7. To issue fixed penalty notices, produce pre-prosecution assessments, make
recommendations for further action where appropriate. Post holders will make decisions on
the service of fixed penalty notices, however, all other enforcement decisions, with long term,
consequences will be made by the line manager.
Up to £14.00 per hour
11 days ago