Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a complaints officer to join the team at the Rotherham Council.
Job Role: Complaints Officer
The Complaint Officer as part of the Council's Corporate Complaint Team will manage a range of customer feedback enquires, including formal complaints, MP enquiries, Ombudsman enquiries and customer compliments. The Complaint Officer will ensure that services are achieving high levels of performance satisfaction against customer defined standards, are supported to learn from customer complaints and feedback, and will be integral to creating a culture of excellent customer care.
1. Manage the Council complaint procedures; ensure that customer complaints are dealt appropriately in strict accordance to the procedure.
2. Ensure that formal complaints are managed within and responded to within prescribed timescales and are effectively quality assured.
3. Decide the most appropriate way of responding to a customer enquiry; consider all options of response, including formal complaints procedure as well as other routes (e.g. service requests).
4. Make sure that all complaints are reviewed for learning and service improvement
5. Carry out detailed investigations at Stage 2 of the complaint procedure.
6. Support Service Areas at Stage 3 of the complaint procedure.
7. Manage responses to Ombudsman, MP enquires and Council Leadership enquiries ensure that responses are quality assured and responded to within prescribed timescales.
9. Manage and promote the collection of customer compliments.
9. Produce reports on a regular basis and attend Service / Directorate Management Team meetings as required.
10. Help manage the Complaint Team IT system, ensuring that it is kept fully up to always date and is a complete record of all enquiries received by the Complaint Team.
£16.71 ph (Umbrella Rate)
3 Month Contract