Akton Recruitment has an opening for a Complaints Investigator
To be responsible for investigating and resolving all stages of complaints in a fair and
impartial manner. With a sound understanding of the regulatory timescales and
deadlines associated with complex complaint resolution, you will be required to take
case ownership and conduct a comprehensive investigation using all available
information and documentation. Duties extend to dealing with all cases that are
referred to the Housing Ombudsman Service. Ultimately there should be a focus on
resolving complaints fairly and providing a high-level customer experience.
Key responsibilities/ deliverables
1. Provide excellent customer service when interacting with complainants either
in the form of correspondence, phone or at the office, adhering to our service
standards and meeting the diverse needs of the customer.
2. Demonstrate a personal commitment and responsibility for providing a highly
resolution-based service, aiming to resolve complaints at the first stage.
3. Acknowledge and resolve complaints by project managing high quality
4. Take ownership of a complaint from start to closure, ensuring that the
customer is regularly kept informed of progress.
5. Ensure complaints are responded to in a timely and customer friendly way
considering the needs of the individual residents.
6. Solve complex open and ongoing complaints.
Page 2 Role profile
7. Prepare comprehensive papers for stage 2 reviews using a pro-active
approach, attending panel review meetings when necessary and providing
expert guidance around the complaint details to aid swift resolution.
8. Provide high level written responses in line with the understanding of a
regulatory approach to complaint handling.
9. Ensure that all compensation payments are processed and issued to
complainants in adherence with our service standards.
10. Keep accurate notes on Dynamics (CRM) of all customer contact and details in
relation to the complaint.
11. Maximise partnership-working and collaboration between all departments to
provide a responsive and coordinated service to customers.
12. Work with customers, customer representatives and other partners to manage
and improve our external profile and reputation for excellent complaint
management and learning.
Up to £45.00 per hour
about 1 month ago