The Royal Borough of Greenwich
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced complaints & Enquires officer to join the team at Greenwich Council.
Job Role: Complaints & Enquires officer
Purpose of Job
Logging and tracking responses on member's enquiries, complaints and FOI's and sending approved responses out. Ensuring that responses are within the target timescales and reporting to SMT.
- Responsible for the effective day to day delivery, review and monitoring of the Directorate's complaints process. Developing and improving the processes where appropriate and delivering regular training to DRES Senior Managers.
- Prepare and present reports regularly to the Directorate's Senior Management Team and other senior managers to assist in the evaluation of complaints to improve and manage service delivery across the Directorate, proposing improvements and solutions as appropriate.
- Responsible for liaising with Members, senior managers and Corporate Members Support staff in administering and responding to all Member / MP/ Ombudsman correspondence and enquiries received in DRES, ensuring that correspondence is dealt with by deadlines. Drafting responses on behalf of the Director of Regeneration Enterprise and Skills and Assistant Directors, drafting and collating responses from several other Directors where necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring whether response to complaints and enquiries are provided in accordance with the agreed timescales, proposing solutions, improvements to procedures and taking appropriate action where timescales are not complied with.
- Act as responsible officer in DRES for Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests. Logging and processing requests in accordance with the agreed procedure. Providing advice on the legislation and guidelines, drafting responses, chasing responses where necessary and monitoring response times. Identifying exemptions, liaising with senior managers in Legal Services and other departments and drafting responses on behalf of the Director and senior management.
7 Month Contract
£15.25 Umbrella Rate