Community Operations Manager required for a fantastic contract based in Kensington
- To take responsibility for the day to day operations at the Curve Community Centre, working closely with the wider community. This includes:
- managing a team of 4 Community Centre Officers and 1 Operations Support Officer
- allocating duties to staff; overseeing co ordination of delivery of all activities and services from the centre via agreed plans and arrangements
- managing and ensuring rota cover is in place for all shifts and the centre is adequately staffed for all operations
- ensure all health and safety and Covid compliance is in place and robustly managed
- acting as the Safeguarding lead Enquiry Officer
- ensuring the premises are safely and appropriately managed to meet outcomes for residents and stakeholders
- Qualification in community work / community development or similar or demonstrable professional experience in a managerial role in a community setting
- Effective and highly competent communication, planning and management skills.
- Experienced in change management and leading a team through team.
- Management of a community centre / similar community setting or equivalent.
- Effective planning and track record of successfully delivering community services and reviewing service provision.
- Establishing and operating within compliance requirements/regulatory framework for community provision i.e. health and safety, fire safety etc.
- Experience of being responsible for children's and adults' safeguarding procedures
- Production of standardised procedures and approaches to effectively manage and deliver operations for community services.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise workloads for self and a team of staff.
- A record of working successfully with partners including negotiating, communicating and working collaboratively.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Resilient and able to stay calm in contentious and sensitive situations.
- People management, cultural change, and staff motivation.
- Managing and mitigating risk with effective risk management strategies, plans and reports.
- Proficient in IT skills and experience of using Microsoft packages.
- Production of strategic and operational reports for a wide variety of stakeholders including senior officers, Board of Governors and Lead Member.
- Production of forward plans and proposals for service delivery.
- Production of written communications i.e. newsletters, social media etc. to service users and communities.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team, work onsite and on a rota.
- 3 Months Contract
- Council Based Role
- £19.51 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company - Rate Uplifted to cover charges)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email