Akton Recruitment are looking for an experienced Communications Officer to join the team at the Enfield Council.
Job Role: Communications Officer
The Healthy Streets program aims to make active travel safe and accessible for people who live, work, and visit Enfield. We deliver a range of schemes across the Borough to deliver a connected network of walking and cycling routes and facilities, encouraging behavior change through a combination of street re-design, events, cycle training, and a range of services.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to join our dynamic team to support the Healthy Streets Public Relations Manager. This will be a busy role, providing support to a range of personnel across the team, including the Programme Director.
The main purpose of this temporary role is to:
- Provide support in logging and co-ordination of a range of correspondence including contact from residents and enquires from elected councillors. Through close attention to detail and effective communication with Project Managers, you will help enhance the reputation of the Council by ensuring timely responses are provided.
- Assisting in the development of social media and newsletter communications, working with the Public Relations Manager to deliver regular and interesting community updates.
- Supporting the Programme Management Office with reporting data on communication and engagement activity.
- Support to Project Managers in the management of the Lets Talk Engagement hub.
- Supporting the wider programme through a range of additional activities, including attending occasional community events, some of which may be held in the evening or weekends.
You will be joining a committed and dedicated team providing essential programme support. You are likely to be supportive of active travel initiatives. You will have the flexibility to work from home (core hours typically 10am - 4pm, but there is some flexibility here) or desk space can be made available within the Civic Centre in Enfield Town if that is more preferable (or a combination of home / office).
Rate - £16.00 umbrella Rate
3 Month Contract