Royal Borough of Greenwich
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Communications & Digital Officer to join the team of Greenwich Council.
Job Role: Communications & Digital
To develop, manage and evaluate communications and engagement campaigns on Council services across a range of channels and media, as part of a multidisciplinary team. To manage the reputation of the Council through effective media relations, social media and stakeholder management.
- To develop internal and external communications and engagement plans, campaigns and marketing activities across different media for Council services in accordance with the Council's priorities.
- To develop, write, edit and review content for the Council's communication channels including websites, printed publications, speeches, press releases and social media accounts, ensuring that it is of a high quality, meets corporate standards, is suitable for the target audience, accessible, and useful.
- To liaise with and establish a good rapport with local, national and specialist media, deal with media enquiries, and prepare press releases and statements to represent the Council's position within agreed deadlines. To ensure that media calls and responses are logged appropriately on the Council's systems.
- To ensure a pro-active approach to communications through a positive use of forward planning and meetings with councillors and officers, including cabinet members and senior officers/Directors.
- To take an active role in the development of the Council's social media activities to ensure that the content of the Council's social media profiles is closely monitored and kept up to date. To use social media to engage with residents and help protect the Council's reputation
- 1 MONTH CONTACT/ POSSIBLY GOING ON PEARMANENT