Akton are currently recruiting for a Buyer to join our client in Warwickshire for a 6 month temporary assignment.
The role is to buy parts for the factory scope of work and therefore a local person would be needed. We are looking for a buyer that can manage interactions with suppliers and pace them to deliver product on time. Also if they can develop new suppliers for the future this would be a bonus.
An experienced Buyer / Senior Buyer who will be able to access the supply base for the best place to buy their parts from. Undertake supplier assessment, RFQ work, manage the suppliers to deliver on time, to cost and quality requirements. Select the appropriate supplier to place PO with and use purchasing requisitions to create purchase orders. The Buyer will be responsible to maintain tracking systems, alerting management when orders have been filled and invoices from vendors have been issued. Answering vendor / internal stakeholder questions and providing them with additional documentation as needed. The successful candidate for this position has experience in the manufacturing industry and a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
* Manage the supply base, select the appropriate supplier, and transact to deliver product.
* Work with Material Planning team to receive requestions. Undertake RFQ work, access, and place Purchase Orders to meet project milestones.
* Manage the suppliers through their manufacturing plan to deliver on time and to cost. Ensuring that they meet all quality requirements, including documentation.
* Work with multifunctional stakeholders, to address issues and report out status against key deliverables.
* Update and maintain SAP with data and manage delivery dates and invoices once product has been delivered.
* Escalate and make transparent problems where necessary.
* Obtain best value for money prior to purchase order placement. Raise purchase orders in line with requisitions requirements.
* Deliver a weekly purchase order report to management that indicates the vendor invoice number for all closed purchase orders.
* Work with the Material Planning team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products.
* Work with stakeholders to deliver parts and quality documents to fulfil order requirements.
* Manage the suppliers against timing schedules, identify risks to plan and expedite where necessary.
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent knowledge & experience
* Demonstrable years of sourcing and procurement experience with in-depth experience in complex projects.
* Strong negotiation
* Self-starter with drive, able to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment.
* Experience on SAP, Microsoft packages.
* Experience within the defence or power industry related products.
* Interpersonal skills, managing and communicating to people and reporting status and issues.
* Have developed supply chains.
£20 - £25 per hour
about 1 month ago