Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill an ongoing contract position for a Commissioning Manager based within Social Care.
The role of commissioning is to understand the population, their resources, needs, and aspirations, now and in the future. We plan with local people, and our organisational partners, to make the most effective use of local resources and develop solutions to meet needs and aspirations. We create an environment where we, local people, and organisational partners can deliver outcomes with consistency using the right skills and services in an appropriate vehicle. We support continuous improvement so we can be even more ambitious for our organisations and communities in the future.
We strive to achieve this in partnership with local people, NHS commissioners, districts and city council, and providers. This promotes a person-centred, place-based and outcomes focused approach across our whole local system.
We support our organisation, local people and partners to look forward, using analysis and evidence to inform plans, manage risks appropriately, apply insight and develop the market to enable the right services for our local people. We drive change so people receive the right service for their need while ensuring the best possible value is achieved, being flexible to allow for different circumstances and
applying our specialisms. We learn and adapt to deliver positive outcomes in efficient and consistent ways, constructively challenging how services are provided and working together to build on our
The postholder will lead on strategic commissioning activities for Health, Education and Social Care, including developing services and new ways of working to meet the needs and deliver outcomes for people in Oxfordshire. They will be primarily aligned to one of the following tiers of need, as well as taking lead responsibility for a specific life stage (Children, working age adults, older people), working closely with the relevant operational services and providers to ensure appropriate services are in place.
- To identify and drive the development of strategic opportunities across services for Health, Education and Social Care, supporting the delivery of strategies and outcomes across Oxfordshire for their primary tier of need.
- To engage with colleagues across the Council, Health and other partners to identify and develop the opportunities for joint commissioning, service enhancements, innovation and efficiencies.
- To define and agree outcomes, service needs, approaches, performance targets and other requirements which ensure services contribute to the strategic aims, quality and value of the council and its partners.
- To apply research, analysis, knowledge and expertise to develop and influence strategies and make evidence-based commissioning decisions which deliver outcomes, quality and value for the people of Oxfordshire.
- To promote and enable collaboration, co-production and the voice of the service user throughout the commissioning cycle.
- To ensure compliance with all legislation and government guidance as they affect services in their primary tier of need, including financial, procurement and other regulations, as well as supporting consideration across all tiers.
- To connect strategies, services and relevant commissioning opportunities across the council, Health and other partners for their relevant Tier of Need, as well as informing similar activities across other tiers.
- To prepare and co-ordinate plans for commissioning, procurement and contract management activities, managing priorities and the use of commissioning resources to deliver the strategic objectives of the council and partners.
- To manage relationships and ensure all relevant stakeholders contribute to strategies and service proposals that will deliver the required outcomes, quality and value.
- To work with the corporate Hub and other stakeholders to lead day-to-day relationships and activities for procurement and contract mobilisation related to their primary tier of need and other priorities.
- To work with the Quality and Improvement managers and corporate Hub to facilitate effective contract management, quality assurance, commercial opportunities and sustainability for their areas of responsibility.
- To work with the Quality and Improvement managers to inform and facilitate effective market shaping and development which will meet the current and future needs of the Council and partners.
- To drive the delivery of relevant commissioning projects and change management, ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of the required outcomes and benefits.
- To line manage Commissioning Officers and Support Officers, ensuring their team has the relevant capabilities, capacity and culture to deliver commissioning priorities efficiently and effectively.
- To be responsible for effective commercial management for their primary tier of need, managing allocated budgets and ensuring appropriate commercial arrangements are in place to support quality and value of services.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post.